- Published on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 14:33
- Written by Jamie Lockhart
Over the last couple of months SCL has worked with Sport Relief to load test the donation platforms for the 2012 Sport Relief campaign. The main aim was to ensure that the Sport Relief environment was scalable and stable for the campaign climax on the evening of March 23rd.
This performance test phase included:
- the Sport Relief web and call centre donation system - tested to confirm that they support 1000 donation transaction per second
- paypal donation systems - tested to confirm that it could take 90+ donation transactions per second.
- an 'on-the-night' simulation which included web site traffic (incl.mobile) and donation traffic. This 'on-the-night' load test ramped up to 30,000 users.
The testing tools used were OpenScript and Oracle Load Testing, part of the Oracle Application Test Suite, the use of which was kindly donated by Oracle.
Congratulations to Sport Relief for raising over £52m.